[alfa] re: tint removal

Peter,

Had to get the purple tint of my S when I purchased it. Found this advise from some tinting web site to work rather well. Saturate the window to be detinted with an amonia based window cleaner (I mixed up my own.) Once wet, trap the cleaner against the window by covering it with a large sheet of plastic (like the bag you would get a suit back from the dry cleaners in.) Let it sit in direct sun for about an hour, rewetting with the window cleaner as needed. It should just peel back for you at that point. If not give it a little bit longer. The amonia will actually seep through the tint and disolve the adhesive. This is a great alternative especially for the rear window, rather than taking a razor to your defroster... Hope this helps!

Take Care,

Ryan Kundrat
'92 164S