RE: [alfa] Kumho tire opinions

i'm using the ecsta 712 on the milano.  price vs. performance they are a
great deal.  however, to get the performance out of them you have to inflate
them at high pressure; i have them at 37psi.  which means a harsh ride.
i've used mich. XGT V4 at 27psi, which gave a great ride and good traction,
but at twice the price.  these kumhos have good wear charactistics too.  i
have a friend who has them on a camaro; at the reccomented low pressure for
his car, they slid, but at 38psi, they hold like a champ.   another friend
has low performance kumhos on his saturn, which he says are the best tires
he's ever purchased.

disagree on the ecsta 712 in the wet, i think they are great in the rain,
one of the best i've ever used...perhaps the gentleman who didn't like their
wet performance had them at lower pressures?...still, that hard ride quality
makes the cd player jump more...

don't even think about using them in snow, then they're death donuts, but so
are yoko AVS intermediates (sensational in the dry, scary in the wet, and
they wear fast), and most performance tires for our alfas.

if these kumhos ever wear down, i plan to try the yoko ES100, or just cut
loose for those XGT V4's; i want my soft ride back...

mike in sd