RE: [alfa] Kumho tire opinions

> Anyone own a set of Kumho Ecsta Supra 712 tires on a 164 (or other large
> wrong-wheel-drive Euro-sedan)?  If so, I'd appreciate your opinions.  We
> don't have a 164, but a Volvo T5, which is similar in
> configuration and it
> needs new tires (205/55VR-15).
>
> Alfa content:  I've got Falken Azenis 195/60HR-14 on both my
> Spider's, and
> couldn't be more satisfied.

I had them on my Milano.   Right wheel drive, but I hated them.   Took them
off inside of 1000 miles switched to Bridgestone S03PP.  Great tire, big
price.   After they wore out, I now have Dunlop FM901's on there which are
an excellent tire, reasonable price.   They're being changed for the Azenis
next spring.  The FM901's chunked badly at Gingerman last fall.

I'd recommend the FM901's for a very good and affordable street tire.   I
wouldn't use Kuhmo Ecsta 712's again on any vehicle.  They were borderline
dangerous on dry road and impossible in the wet.

-Peter