[alfa] Re: Mechanical tensioners

I disagree. While low hanging sumps and possibly-inadequate synchros are things that we have to live with and/or work around, there are clear cut solutions to the tensioner issue. Namely the original hydraulic tensioner that works fine on thousands of V6 Alfas outside of North America. If you fear oil leaks, you can block off the oil feed and have what is in my opinion a much more elegant mechanical tensioner than the oft-discussed USA-market replacement part. If you fear dynamic belt tensioners in general, Tom Zat offers his static tensioner, which worked fine for me for the 26,000 miles that I tried it.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6