[alfa] Re: GTV6 daily driver

When I first got my GTV-6 on the road, the engine was not happy cold. After I performed a valve adjustment and some other tuneup work, it did absolutely fine in some of the coldest weather Ohio has seen in years (winter of '99-00, -10F), having been parked outside even. Since I put Shankle cams in it, it hasn't been nearly so happy cold, but that's probably due to either the cams or a combination of the cams and everything that's wrong with my poor engine.

As for the gearbox, I had the same experience, until I went to synthetic gear oil. It may not shift as smoothly as Spirax in general, but it makes cold shifts a whole lot smoother.

Joe Elliott
'82 GTV-6