[alfa] Quality of gas -- anybody use lower octane?

Hi all -

A big story over here at a local (bike) shop is the issue of high octane gas actually being a lot worse for your vehicle than the lower grade stuff. Anybody have any experience with this?

My spider's winterized for this season, so I can't verify. But this guy swears up and down that cheap gas works better in high compression bike engines, as well as motorboat engines. He has a web page up saying his spiel, it's at http://www.motorcycleperf.com/techtips/gasoline.htm

I'm curious and can't wait till spring to find out...

- Matt