Re: [alfa] Stebro or ANSA

	My '86 Spider also has Stebro system from the cat backwards.  I did
have an ANSA rear unit for years but kept having to replace the middle
unit every 2 years or so which gets really old fast.  I drive my Spider
all year around here in Md (as my rusty rocker panels will attest).  Got
the middle Stebro unit first mated to the ANSA rear unit.  The sound was
more like a F1 howl than a typical Alfa sound.  When the ANSA rear
rusted away, I got the SS Stebro as a replacement.  Sounded the same but
there were bad welds inside the middle unit until you could hear things
rattling around.  Stebro replaced the middle unit at no cost but the F1
howl disappeared to more of a Alfa like but louder.

	The Stebro SS has discolored under the car but the rear tip just needs
a bit of of a wiping down to shine again.  So holes have appeared at all
in the Stebro units.

	One aftermarket cat not to buy is from discountconverters.  It did not
fit well and reduced the ground clearance by about .75" - which meant
alot to my Spider since I was running with Alfa Ricambi's Sport springs.
 I had to put the originals back on so that I could clear pebbles in the road.

	Bruce

	'86 Spider - daily driven to distraction
	'73 GTV - awaiting when I have the time from the kitchen remodeling
project to replace #1 piston & liner