Re: [alfa] Stebro or ANSA

Hi Bob

I have cat-back Stebro stainless on my 91 Alfa.
I believe they are non-rusting but I don't drive it in bad weather. It has a chrome tip. Fitted well.
Sounds a little louder and throatier - not a true Alfa sound, more like a Ferrari, IMHO. I like it, but my Alfa mechanic purist (Michael at Glynn's) doesn't !!
While I'm on exhausts, I had to buy a new cat because the old one had failed, most likely because the DPO drove it around with a non-working O2 sensor. I bought one from Miller Catalyzer Corp. Cost $453 delivered and fitted absolutely perfectly to the last mm. Phone number is (510) 783-2212 and they are in Hayward, CA. They don't have a working web site.

Simon

I currently have the following exhaust configuration on my '87 Alfa Spider
Quad Verde.
IAP tubular headers>>>cat. conv.>>>straight pipe>>>ANSA resonator. (I removed
the center muffler to change the exhaust note and I like it.)
However, the ANSA resonator (bought new and not that old) has rusted through
and impinging on the gas tank. Can't get an inspection sticker with it this
way.
So... Does anyone have experience with the Stebro stainless resonator??? I
know they are about $60 more than the ANSA. How do they sound? Is the
stainless really rust-free because not all stainless is? Is the tip chromed
like the ANSA?
Thanks to all for your help.
Bob Rand

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). The information contained in this message may be private and confidential, and may also be subject to the work product doctrine. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message. --