[alfa] 164Q- 24 valve engine ticking at rev.- need advice!!!

Digesters...

My 164Q is making some intermittnet engine noise.  It is a noise whose frequency increases as the RPM increases.  Sounds like a metallic ticking sound that is coming from the rights side of the engine (almost like a loose exhaust shield, but it isn't.  I don't always hear it.

I am obviously converned about valves and timing belt and idlers.  Has anyone have some advice on this?  Should I keep driving it if it is mild, or tow it to a dealer?

The timing belt has only 10K on it.  The engine has 115K.  The belt was re-tensioned after 5K.  The idler bearing were replaced too.  Does that really matter?!  Could they be bad already?

Could I have a loud tappet?  Bad bearing? Nothing?!  What do you make of the intermittent nature of this sound?  What else could it be??  One experienced Alfa peer said don't worry about it based on the fact that the correct maintenance was done.  I am not 100% comfortable with that advice yet...

Thanks!

--
- Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL