[alfa] Removing the engine and tranny tips?

I am in the process of removing the engine and trany from my alfa spider 1986
in order to replace the clutch and perform a head gasket job. Remaining items
to be disconnected are the driving shaft and the tie-rod link.

I reed somewhere that jacking up the rear of the car will help to remove the
engine-trany by allowing larger clearance at the trany end. I remember also
that someone suggested to change position of the hook on the engine in order
to get a better balance during hosting of the engine-trany assemblage.

Any other tips will be appreciated.