RE: [alfa] 164S idle and stumbling problem

>Check the coolant temp sensor when the engine is at operating temperature.

Also, check the wiring going to the sensor.  Original wiring was too short,
causing the wires to come off their connectors.  Fix was to splice in some
longer wires.  This was done on my car however all they did was twist the
wires together and wrap with tape.  When it got cold, this poor connection
turned intermittent and I experienced the hard to start and rough running
conditions.  I soldered in a proper connection and it seems to have taken care
of the problem.

Scott in MN