[alfa] RE: Stuck ignition switch in Milano

sure it happend before!

basically the lock mechanism is bad, either find a lock
smith that knows how to fix them or replace with new one.

Funnything that the stock part was made in germany, the
new one from IAP was italian, and the night it stuck
that I couldn't go home, i called AAA to dispatch a
locksmith who happend to be italian decent.

So, I had italian locksmith working on an italian car
in the wee hours to crack open a broken germany ignition
swithc... which later being replaced by an italian
counterpart.

lesson learned, never hang the car key with bunch o other
stuff. the weight  and the vibrations will send the
stainless steel key cutting thru the ignition switch
internal parts and breaking it in the process. I know
have separate light weight leather alfa key ring, and
solid polished metal "alfa" key ring for the rest of
the stuff :)

jess

88 verde
95 LS