[alfa] Biba's cutting out...again & Sight Glass Question

In #896 Brian Shorey mentions: "I'm running dual Facet pumps in my
Dellorto'd Spider.  A racers trick,
two pumps mounted in parallel, if one of them fails you don't fall by the
wayside."

**********
Brian, others, when I mentioned I might run dual Facet's in parallel, I'm
wondering if I meant series. My thought is to use one pushing the other.
However, I'd guess parallel means one would have a Y junction before the
pumps and one would have an either / or switch or else the fuel would
flow through the one which gave the least resistance. In the series
situation not sure should the front one became 'iffy' whether the rear
pump could 'pump through' or not. Comments?

********
Same issue Charlie Slayman wonders (as do I) regarding air in the sight
glass (and yes, the sight glass is one of the common small inline gas
filters between the two Webers): "So air bubbles are getting from the
float chamber back into the filter. This doesn't sound right to me. I
would have thought that with a properly running fuel pump, the lines and
filter would be charged and all air would be purged from the system. Are
any other Alfisti running an inline filter with sight glass?  How does it
behave?"

*******

This a.m. the sight glass was about 1/3rd to 3/8th full. How could it
vary from one day to the next? Shouldn't it always fill itself up or stay
the same as it was before (as it pretty much did last night)? Quite
possibly I might need new needle valves - but still don't think this
would cause cutting out.

Possibly Plastic Man has invaded my fuel lines. Everyone who remembers
Plastic Man, raise your hand. God...you're old.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA