[alfa] engine stands

To Pat Hood's question regarding an engine stand and side mounted
adapter, TJ Noto replies that he should consider Jim Steck's
(autocomponenti.com) engine adapter.

*********

A few weeks ago Jim emailed me and asked if I would change his contact
email address on my website. Unless he has done so in the past week or
so, I don't believe there is currently a photo of his engine stand on
his website, nor his new email address.

Check it out and if I'm correct (I do know he is in the process of
updating his site) you can view the stand on my site:
http://www.alfacybersite.com/ACSEngineStand.html and get Jim's new email
address.

Yes, Jim is a member of this Digest, but while obviously proud of his
accomplishments, seems to be rather shy about self-promotion.

Fortunately I don't suffer from that problem (happy face).

Jim thanked me saying he'd made and sold over two dozen of the adapters.
I was a little surprised in that there seemed to be a preponderance of
those who feel mounting from the rear is the way to go and those who
feel the 4-cylinder should be mounted on both sides of the engine mounts
(at the same time).

Especially when working on the Spica (not to mention wanting to change
the clutch and perhaps remove the flywheel) having both the rear and and
one side of the engine clear of any mounting bracketry is a delight.

Jim's adapter is designed to fit Harbor Freight's 1000# engine stand -
though that doesn't mean it might not fit others.

Yes, I received a free adapter for making a few suggestions, but receive
no further compensation (no do I want any) for getting mechanical type
Alfisti hooked up with an outstanding product.

Jim has / will be making a few more Alfa components, so by all means
visit his site.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA