Re: [alfa] Quadra flow (flo?)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stacy Faught" <onethumb@domain.elided>
> Given that the responses to the air filter question
> have included a number of people saying "Yeah, I've
> got one of these in my garage," I'm wondering why that
> might be.....<snip>...>
For the latter, I would assume the Quadra-flow would
> be beneficial on the intake side, but I'm curious why
> so many seem to have taken these off their cars.  I
> doubt it's because any of you see that your garage is
> looking particularly empty and needs to be filled with
> various performance parts from old Alfas...
Stacy
good observation!  A lot of Quadraflows in our garages...
And it's "Shankle TM Sport Quadraflow".
The original claim of "average 7 horsepower increase over the stock Alfa air
filter", according to the Alfa Ricambi manual, has always been questioned.
The theoretical increase in flow is offset by the hotter engine bay air at
the intake, as opposed to the fresh cool air rammed into the spica airbox.
The solution?  K&N filters for the Spica box.  Proven beneficial?  I think
not.

The only *proven* advantages to the Quadraflows are:
1 - they look good!
2 - they sound great!  The intake sound is addicting.

So enjoy the Quadraflow during the cold season, or all year if you don't
race.

Jorge Mazlumian
73 GTV with Spica airbox (for now)
Shankle Sport Quadraflow in the garage, hardly used (for sale).