[alfa] RE: spider cat converter

Now that I can answer to the whole group... (nothing secret, just have the digest at home)...

One of the modern generic catalysts should work fine. The concern about the catalyst not heating up enough is valid, but more than likely, the newness of the catalyst will out weigh any concerns about heat. My bet, though, will be that you will have a tougher time finding a shop to install it. Quite a few muffler shops are timid about changing hardware, based on the regulations.

But you should be able to find someone to install it. Just plug off the input tube. All Alfas from 82+ will use the catalysts as a 3 way system.

Some other locations to get catalysts:
www.randomtechnology.com
www.discountcoverter.com

There are others, check Google...