Dean
Lutz, FL
'74 & '87 Spider Veloce's

At 12:48 AM 10/8/2003, you wrote:

Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 21:25:50 -0500
From: "Matthew Hanselman" <mjhanselman@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] SPICA timing question: should my spider even be running?

Hi all -

Can anybody explain the SPICA timing marks, and whether my car should even
be running?

Right now, it looks like the timing mark on the SPICA is lined up when the
engine is at TDC -- at "F".  This is fully 70 degrees after "I".  Can this
even be right?  Would the car even run at all with this configuration?

Right now my spider runs real rich and spews a bit of carbon.  It also gets
about 13mpg on a good day.  Needless to say, I'm taking it apart to see
what's up.  If I'm right in reading the marks and the injector is lined up
at TDC, would this explain my performance woes?

Mind you, I inherited it this way.  I didn't do this one myself... :)

- - Matt

73 Spider