[alfa] re: Alfetta instrument placement

With all this talk about the Alfetta's centrally-located speedo (tach in some RHD markets), and the negative press it received when it was contemporary, I'm curious what the magazines (particularly the bigoted American ones) have had to say about the new Mini, BMW Z8, Saturn Ion (?), and Toyota Echo (?). The last three have all of their instruments in the center, which strikes me as a half-assed pre-war sort of way to do it (with apologies to Biba's postwar Riley). Have any digesters read any reviews of these cars?

-Joe