Re: [alfa] re: Alfetta instrument placement

Joe Elliot asked:

I'm curious what the magazines (particularly the
> bigoted American ones) have had to say about the new Mini, BMW Z8,
> Saturn Ion (?), and Toyota Echo (?).  The last three have all of
> their instruments in the center, which strikes me as a half-assed
> pre-war sort of way to do it (with apologies to Biba's postwar
> Riley).  Have any digesters read any reviews of these cars?

Add to the list the beautiful steeply raked windscreen on the coupes.
Constantly bad-mouthed here in contemporary Oz auto magazines but even
'normal' family sedans now have vast areas of glass at severe angles but
no-one writes a single complaint.

Is there a closed car with better all round visibility than a 116 coupe ?  I
doubt it.  Although on my first few drives I parked the invisible nose of my
116GTV4 underneath the rear bumpers of a few pickups !!.

As to the latest craze of centrally mounted everything, this seems to be a
cost saving exercise as LHD and RHD cars are easier to produce.

Beatle
Oz