[alfa] Re: alfa-digest V9 #802 - yipes!

In a message dated 9/17/2003 8:18:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:34:03 +0930
> From: "Benjamin" <budweiser@domain.elided>
> Subject: [alfa] yipes!
>
> <snip>
> While on the subject of V6's, check this out
> http://imw-alfa.com/73-GT-V6.html#73GTV6Specs
> Basically a V6 from an Alfa6 installed into a 105 series. Not sure if I like
> that the way
> the bonnet has been done, buts I'm sure its a quick car!
>
> ~Benjamin

       That is Hans Milo's 1973 GT-V6.  When I first heard of that car, I
cringed.  The memory of the 91 spider with a V-6 at the Portland convention came
to mind.  We had to fail that spider during tech inspection for the lack of a
fire wall among other problems.
       When I finally saw Hans' GTV at the Nashville, Alfa Convention, I was
impressed.  The installation is VERY nicely done.  One can learn to live with
the bump on the hood.  I think a roll bar would be a good idea in a car of
such speed capability.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City