Re: [alfa] Re: Clutch Master Cylinder Rebuild Questions- 69 Spider

Dean,

I need to recheck what I read.  I thought it was in Braden.   From memory, the
recommendation was to change the silicone fluid very often and to not let it
sit in the system unused for very long.

I thought it was to do with moisture.   Or does it eat seals?   If it's high
temp and non-hydroscopic why isn't it used more?   It seems to lack all of the
negatives of mineral or synthetic based fluids.

I'm about to try the Motul RBF600 DOT5.1 synthetic fluid.   I'll let you know
how it works out.   This is an ABS Milano (read: high brake temps) that is
driven daily 3 seasons and sees the track a few times a year.  When I say
driven, I mean sitting in traffic more than actual driving.

-Peter