Re: turning circle

I'm missing something in Ken Stevenson's explanation of his Ferrari Boxer's
turning circle as a trade-off for optimum steering at speed. Assuming
rack-and-pinion steering, slow steering versus fast steering would be affected
by pinion diameter, which would also affect the number of turns of the pinion
shaft needed to get from lock to lock for a given turning circle, but would
not limit the length of the rack (or the length of the steering arm at the
hub.) The combination of track, tire width, tire diameter, space available,
and amount of scrub acceptable would affect the turning circle, but at this
hour I can't see how "slow" or "fast" steering would.

(Apart from the cars, my rack-and-pinion experience is limited to tripods,
flat-bed cameras, drill-press, and a few woodworking machines, in all of which
the range of the rack is not limited by the gearing, which does affect the
speed and finesse of adjustment. May be false analogies - )

Or it may not be R.& P., but I would have guessed it would have been.
Worm-and-sector, recirculating balls, spool, tiller, lots of other steering
systems have been used, but I assumed rack-and-pinion. If I'm missing
something, it won't be the first time.

Cheers

John