Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 20:12:09 -0700
From: "Nils Huehnergarth" <nils@domain.elided>
Subject: Exhaust Mod

Hi All:

I'm planning to make a change on the stock exhaust system of my 1974 GTV, and
I'm interested in opinions about the rear and forward exhaust sections. I do
not have any need to pass smog inspection. I plan to keep the stock headers
and install a new Ansa center muffler.

I am considering a straight pipe on the rear section, and having the
'restrictor' removed from the front section. Is there a compelling reason not
to remove the 'restrictor' from the front section and replace with straight
pipe?

Also, I'm debating between and Ansa rear muffler and a straight pipe.

Thanks,

Nils Huehnergarth