Temperature/Thermostat Question

Sorry about the previous message... my finger slip as
I was typing the subject line, and off the message
went.

I recently replaced the themostat on my Bosch Spider.
I believe the old thermostat was opening way to soon,
because the engine took forever to warm up and would
cool down when driving down hill.

With the old thermo, the gauge would read just a hair
above or a hair below 180 (depending on conditions)
once the car was finally warmed up.

Now, with the new thermostat, it reads between 200 and
210 under LIGHT driving conditions.  I'm concerned
that when I take it for its next Italian Tune Up it
will get too hot.

I'm making the assumption that the gauge is accurate,
which I know is a dangerous assumption.  But, assuming
the gauge is accurate, is 200 210 too hot to run
continuously.

Thanks for the advice,
Brian
'82 Spider