Re: RTV on Cylinder Liner O-Rings, or Not...?

I've seen a couple of other people mention this. Forget about it. I've been
around Alfas for years and years and have never heard of the liner o-rings
ever being any sort of a problem except maybe if they get disturbed during a
head gasket replacement on an engine that's got lots of miles on it.

There's a special tool for holding the liners in during assembly but a
couple of big washers, with appropriate lengths of steel conduit or pipe and
a couple of head nuts will do just fine.

In my opinion - keep that RTV crap away from your engine.

Paul Irvine - Antioch CA
Project Alfa