Re: RTV on Cylinder Liner O-Rings, or Not...?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:21:23 -0400 AlfaNeely@domain.elided wrote:
>      As to RTV, I have had no problems with the little rubber O rings
> leaking.

ditto. do use new ones, though. some of the old ones i've taken out clearly
were not candidates for reuse, and and it's not like they're expensive.

>      If you insist in using RTV, that is your decision.  I do not think
> it will hurt anything.

i'd be with peter krause on this one. rtv doesn't help, and all too often
it ends up in the bottom of the sump anyway.

richard