ES30/SZ's in the US

Damian asks about the modern SZ/ES30 in the states.

While I don't know of any, it may not be that hard to import one. I'll have to forward the links I have for the DOT and EPA concerning importing cars. But I've thought about it a few times, thinking of which modern Alfa could possibly be brought into the US.

Of the non- imported Alfas from the 80's on, I think the ES30 would be among the easiest. By reading the rules, I've concluded that if I make it essentially the same as a Milano Verde, you should be all set- so install the catalyst system from a Verde, and then mention that it is exactly the same platform for crash, and you might be all set.

I'll try to remember to send the links home, as I have them at work. Lots of paperwork, and you might have to use a broker. But since the cars are somewhat obscure and significantly similar to an already approved car, it might go smoothly.

Cool cars- I saw one at an AutoItalia event at Goodwood. Oh, my gosh, what a musical engine!

Eric Storhok
Ann Arbor, MI

AROC Detroit Homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~alfa/index.htm