Re: What are these screws for, and why is coolant leaking out ofone of them?

Matt,
I have always heard that they were freeze plugs! You should replace one with a
sacraficial Magnesium plug that is available from most of the Alfa sources. You
will have to drain the coolant down to a level that will prevent the coolant
from flooding the head between the cam covers. the Mag plug will prevent of at
least slow down the electrolysis that occurs in your aluminum engine! A sparing
amount of silicone seal will prevent leakage! Be careful to use it sparingly!
It's not good to get it in your cooloing system!
Fred Zimmermann
AROCCC
3 Alfa's all with Mag plugs in the head!