What are these screws for, and why is coolant leaking out of one of them?

Can anybody tell me what the large (like around 17mm) hex screws on the top of my head are for, between each cylinder?

My 73 Spider has five of them, and after a hard drive, there is a little coolant pooling in the frontmost one. I don't feel like pulling the head (just yet), and don't want to be unscrewing anything that should only be done with the head off, etc etc...

Thanks in advance

- Matt
73 Spider
03 Protege5