4R Zagato

In a message dated 8/2/2003 3:48:29 PM Central Daylight Time,
owner-alfa-digest@domain.elided writes:

> Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2003 21:20:43 +0930
> From: Paul Bayly <thebaylys@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: 4R Zagato
>
> I did a little 'web-research" on these a while back and found a couple of
> obscure references to two different wheelbase versions being available in
> the production run of 92 ?  Maybe they weren't all built on the same donor
> platform.
>
> Beatle
> Oz

       I also found an article on the Quattroruote that indicated the last of
the cars were built on a 105 chassis.  However, with some research and in
talking with people who owned the cars, I believe that to be incorrect.  The 101
and 105 chassis are enough different that Zagato would have had to retool much
of the car to switch chassis.
       By the way, the article I found was in German and Google.com's
translation was interesting to say the least.

Ciao,
Russ Neely
Oklahoma City