Re: replicas (SS100)..

I don't disagree with you about that. The whole thing actually got me to
doing some reading, mostly out of curiousity to the previous comment about
Adrian Squire, and that led to trying to find out more about the SS-100,
Anzani, and finally him.

The Squire SS-100 looks pretty interesting, even with the ford
underpinnings. I espeically like how they were made in Italy, and used
available parts at the time and in the area including a believe an AR sway
bar with the ends ground square. The Squire SS-100 also had a LOT of
one-off parts, such as the knock-outs, which were specially made to comply
with US regs (regular knock-outs were not allowed, so special replacements
were made).

It would be interesting to find the version you mention, with the XK
parts, I think that would be a pretty interesting combination.