Engine startup and break in ( was Alfetta Update )

Congrats TJ!! You and Dan.. (and hopefully soon me..) it's good to hear long term projects
coming to term!

Kinda brought up the idea of tapping into Digestian Conciousness for hints on starting an engine up and breaking it in properly.

Like the breaking in new cams.. I've never heard about that. Or, the varying opinions on how to get the rings properly seated and not glazed, so the car won't burn oil. (I've read the Hastings site, Braden, sounds like running the engine w/o load is not a great thing in that regard)

Anything else on having a good startup and early break in? How long and what kind of driving is the way to go?

Thanks in advance..

Jon
77 Spider ...bottom end finishing up this weekend, maybe the head going on too!

Tomorrow, I will be double checking the timing (Marelli-Plex, new to the car), adding fresh fuel and Mystery Oil, and trying to fire it up. I get to break in the new cams for about 20 minutes and then shut it down and install the driveline, shift linkage, euro exhaust, change out the oil/filter, check the air pressure in the tires, and re-torque the head (not necessarily in that order).

Then I get to drive the beasty for the first time in a year!!!