Subject: Polishing stainless

The Eastwood Company (www.eastwoodcompany.com) has the right stuff for
polishing anything. I did all the trim on my Duetto with their products a
few years back, and it turned out perfect.

The Eastwood process for stainless requires using three grades of polishing
abrasive, each with its own applicator wheel. And there are no shortcuts. If
you try to skip or rush a step, you'll just wind up with a bunch of very
nicely polished, very visible scratches!

I had the added complication of removing gouges in one bumper caused by
someone using a serrated knife to remove a very stubborn sticker - major,
deep gouges. I had to sand (a lot!) with successive grits of sandpaper
before I could begin the actual polishing.

The good news is, you probably only need to do a complete polishing once
every ten years, if that often. My trim gleamed like chrome when I finished,
and it still does.

Bob McKeown
Nashville