Subject: polishing stainless

> buy big leather gloves and a full face-mask,

Face mask, yes, leather gloves, I would say no. For polishing, you want to
be able to feel if the work is getting too hot, part A, and part B, you
don't want to get the glove caught in the wheel. This is certainly so when
using a grinding wheel, and I would say anytime you're using a high speed
wheel. There's a lot of energy stored in a large wheel once it's spun up. I
know a fellow who nearly lost his thumb when this glove caught on a wheel.
Put him out of work for months. I know another fellow who ran a factory
where a worker got all the skin ripped of his hand when his leather glove
got caught in a spinning wheel. The guy got fired too, since wearing gloves
while working on the wheels was explicitly forbidden.

YMMV, but I wouldn't wear 'em....