Re: Spider's Tweety Bird

Good Day Rob,
Have you had a chance to carefully inspect the alternator belt pulley (and
any other pulleys you might have)?
They do sometimes fatigue and crack. The two cracked parts rub together and
make a huge racket. I haven't done one of these on an Alfa but during the dark
years I had a Volvo 240 that did this very thing.
I hope this is of some use to you.
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (puts the mustard yellow 240 to shame)
1969 912 (ditto)