Spider's Tweety Bird

You didn't say how many miles are on the car, so I'll try. Since you put a new
belt on the alternator you had to remove the serpentine belt and may have
turned it around when you reinstalled it and now it is running in a different
direction and may be the cause of your noise.

Try taking a bar of soap and put some on the serpentine belt while it's
running, BE VERY CAREFUL, if the squealing stops it's the belt. If not stop
the motor and reach in and put some of the soap on the "V" belt for the
alternator and see if the noise stops.

Then check out the idler pulley on the serpentine belt, this is just a big
special design sealed bearing, and see if it's causing the noise.

I put a new idler pulley on my 91 Spider, the pulley was bad, and the old belt
squealed when I put it back on. Tried the soap and it stopped, installed a new
belt and it took care of the problem. I didn't try turning the belt around,
but it may have been my noise as I probably turned it around and didn't notice
it.

Cordova Ralph
1991 Spider Veloce W/Automatic Transmission 200,000 +(S)miles and a few
frowns.
1964 Giulia 1600 Spider