clutch slave cylinder

I guess that I am in trouble!

Jeff Matson  wrote
>Let me second the recommendation to replace the master and flex line
along with the slave cylinder.  I replaced the slave and hose last fall
on my GTV, and after the second drive this spring found a big puddle of
fluid beneath my now failing master cylinder.  It's all replaced now,
but I wish I had just done the entire job at once instead of making the
big mess twice.  You almost certainly will have to do it twice if you
only do half of it now.<

The slave failed in my spider last summer. I replaced it with one out of a
1970 junk car. That car was last driven in '86 but had a clutch job in '80.
I rebuilt my engine during the winter and changed the seals in the old slave
cylinder. I didn't change the hose or the master cylinder and I have no
plans to change them unless they show signs of impending failure. I will let
you know if they fail.
Ed Prytherch, Columbia SC
1979 Spider
1973 GTV