How hard to replace steering box?

Hi,  has anyone replaced a ZF steering box on an 86 or similar vintage
Spider?  It appears that my steering wheel slop is actually in the box
itself rather than the other components.  I've tightened the adjustment
screw all the way and there is still 2 inches of slop.  Anyway, is
replacing the steering box something that isn't too complex that I can
do with ramps and/or jack stands or should I leave it up to the
professionals?

Thanks,
Kevin
86 Spider