Re: Spark plug wires causing miss on 115?

Hey Jim,
I hope someone with direct 115 experience writes in also. I've just wrestled
a set of bad sparkplug wires to the ground so, I feel like the "Worlds
Foremost expert!" (I'll surely get over that soon).
I suspect what you have is a set of 16 year old wires that have become
somewhat porous from Ozone degradation. This compromised your ignition right after
the splashdown and fouled your plugs. now the wires themselves are dry (yet
still porous) and your fouled plugs are dragging down the cars performance.
I'll suggest you get yourself a new set of OEM wires. They last a hell of a
long time, and the connectors are the best I've seen.
The "Premium" replacement wires I've used have been a huge disappointment. I
expected them to last longer than they did, by a factor of about 5.
I hope this is of some use to you.
Sincerely,
Jim Oiler
1991 164L (new wires here)