Spark plug wires causing miss on 115?

Got caught in a downpour, splashed through numerous flooded intersections,
and shortly afterwards developed a miss at idle, just off idle, and whenever
under load. Inspected and cleaned (although no sign of corrosion or
moisture) all high tension connectors from dist. to coil, to plugs, all to
no avail.
The symptoms match those of my Miata when the plug wires failed. So I'm
suspicious --- especially since the 115 still has the original Bosch wires
(16 yrs old, 50K miles). This is my first post-60s Alfa, so I need to ask,
at what point do these wire sets need to be replaced? What are my options
(Bosch, aftermarket)? Sources? The car is not raced, but not pampered
either: except for opened - up exhaust, the car is stock.
Or have I overlooked something else that is causing my problem? Given that
the trouble started a few minutes after the flooded streets, I suspected
moisture around the high tension  parts, but having found none, maybe there
is no connection.
Suggestions please,
Jim Hillesheim
Lawrence, Kansas