RE: Parts request

Thanks to Babblefish, I got a reasonable translation of the part (who knew).
After some research on the M1.5.5 system, I discovered this was the cam
phase sensor which the direct injection uses as a reference point on start
up.  Basically a hall-effect sensor on the front of the cam to set the
injection timing.

Ok, so my friend (actually the brother of a friend here in the US) is being
quoted $700 for replacing this sensor.   Does anyone have a cheaper source
in Europe, or better yet, another car in the US that uses this?

A quick search says that Chevy use it <gasp>.   Also, Peugeot <yuk>, and
some Vauxhauls and Opels.   If anyone in Europe feels inclined to look this
part up for me I'd appreciate it.   If I can get it in the US even better.
I think he'll try to carry it in a suitcase to Morocco on his next trip.  I
can just imaging the response I'll get from the local Chevy dealer when
asking for this.  (hey, wasn't the 156 part of the manufacturing deal with
GM?)

Again for reference, this is a 1999 156 2.0TS.

TIA

-Peter