From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided]On Behalf Of
Pete Mazzeo
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2003 11:43 AM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: 76 GTV- rear motor mount, etc

I'm in the process of replacing the propeller shaft rubber washers (guibos)
on my 76 Alfetta GT. In the process I've found a couple more pieces that
require replacement.

First the rear motor mount has completely disintegrated. The previous owner
was nice enough to leave me replacement, but now Im left with figuring out
the best way to install it. Has anyone had a positive experience with
replacing this motor mount without removing the rear bell ?

Also, I called IAP for a new shaft support. They sell one that is close, but
not an exact match (meant for newer model). Apparently the idea here is that
you can drill a new mounting hole and it should work. Again, does anyone
have any in-sight here. I vaguely remember a surrogate posting about a month
ago.

Pete

74 GTV,  76 Alfetta GT