RE: Clutchy goodness

> Well, I finally got to drive the Intestine briefly (parents needed to
> borrow my punishmentmobile) and it seems that my clutch is getting to
> be more slipperier than a politician. So my questions for you, gentle
> Alfisti are as follows -
> 1) sachs, OEM, or ? - is there really any difference,
> recommendations,
> etc.

Can't help there, I'm sure they're all fine, I've never heard anything
negative about any of the clutches the Alfa parts folks sell.

> 2) I dunno if  I want this to be my introduction to Alfa
> mechanichood,
> so any recommendations of good Alfa gurus near Santa Cruz, CA?

Peter's Foreign Car Service is the only one I'm aware of, and I've heard
nothing but good think.

> 3) how many arms and legs should I expect to pay for above? Saving up
> for this and all, y'know...

Anywhere from $500-$1000 depending on labor rates.  If you have
jackstands, a jack, tools and a willing assistant it's not a hard job.

> Thanks in advance, and on a side note, y'all already have me in your
> clutches... I'm watching the classifieds for a Milano as a
> winter car :)
> -Ben Kaupp
> '78 Spider (my friends call it the oooh yeah mobile)

Good choice, they're cheap and plentiful around these parts!

Ian Lomax
ARA President
Too many alfas and a Honda CB in there too