Clutchy goodness

Well, I finally got to drive the Intestine briefly (parents needed to borrow my punishmentmobile) and it seems that my clutch is getting to be more slipperier than a politician. So my questions for you, gentle Alfisti are as follows -
1) sachs, OEM, or ? - is there really any difference, recommendations, etc.
2) I dunno if I want this to be my introduction to Alfa mechanichood, so any recommendations of good Alfa gurus near Santa Cruz, CA?
3) how many arms and legs should I expect to pay for above? Saving up for this and all, y'know...

Thanks in advance, and on a side note, y'all already have me in your clutches... I'm watching the classifieds for a Milano as a winter car :)
-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (my friends call it the oooh yeah mobile)