Spider Brake MC Replace Question

Lat weekend, while replacing the passenger side motor mount and the 4 plenum
air hoses, I noticed that my brake MC is leaking where it connects to the
servo unit (weep hole leak?). Rather than attempt a rebuild I have ordered a
replacement unit. Seems straightforward but I am concerned about bleeding
the system.

Can anyone offer any advice / experiences on prepping the unit before it is
installed in order to minimize the amount of air that is sucked into the
system from a new unit? IAP notes the idea of "bench bleeding" but these
novice hands are short on wisdom.

Also, I believe a long past post noted that one can suck any fluid that may
have leaked into the servo unit with a syringe and that the fluid would not
damage the unit. True?

TIA,

Rob Favali
Burlington VT