RE: Spider Paint Q.

Adam--I don't know what the best prep method would be--wash with Palmolive?

If the area is not too large, the best and smoothest way to apply clearcoat
or touch-up paint is with a toothpick, using it like a pen--dip the
toothpick in the liquid, and then touch the end to the area you are trying
to cover. Let the paint fill in the hole/area using surface tension or some
other principle of fluid dynamics (I am not even close to an engineer).
Point is, the paint will sort of be drawn off the toothpick. It's amazing.