Re: alfa-digest V9 #502

I put one of these in my '87---you have to drill a small hole to mount it, butotherwise it attaches to existing spots.  It is about the same speed as the oldwindow (somewhat slow), and the window doesn't lower all the way---a smallbit of glass (less than 1/4") sticks up in the front area, but this is really no big deal.  Otherwise, it mounts very easily and works flawlessly.
------------------------------

Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 01:49:30 -0400
From: "Dean W. Cains"
Subject: Re: Power Window repair :(

Hi Jamie:

Just a few weeks ago, I replaced the power window motors and cables in my
'87 Spider Veloce. The job was truly a nightmare, and I think I've blanked
out most of the painful details. I don't know that I'd really be able to
explain the details, anyway, as so much of it was just cursing and throwing
tools. The worst part was keeping the cable wound tightly around the
regulator drum while stringing the cable around all the pulleys.

I can offer something useful, however. A few days ago, I was browsing the
Linea Rossa site, and stumbled across these more modern window
motors/regulators. The price looks good, too, and had I known about these
before I repaired mine using the original parts, I might have tried the new
style.

http://www.linearossausa.com/cgi-bin/linearossausa.storefront/3ec5cac402a3f79a2742ac10017406e2/Catalog/1158

Here's another site you might look at, showing the repair method I used:

http://home.wanadoo.nl/hans.siemensma/en-ar-repair.htm

Regards,

Dean
Lutz, FL