RE: Alfa Manuals CDs on Ebay

I purchased a repro manual on CD from a similar seller on ebay for my Land Rover about a year ago. It arrived just as it was described on ebay. I was honestly quite scepticle but I was the only bidder at something like $8 so I gambled (and paid via palpal to be safe).

The curious thing is the package arrived without any return address and the seller disappeared from ebay a short time later. I suspect there may be some copyright laws being violated and the seller is trying to stay ahead of the law. But that's just a guess.

Joe Swartz

<<Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:03:59 -0400
From: "Maurice Marvi" <maurice@domain.elided>
Subject: Alfa Manuals CDs on Ebay

There is this guy who is selling manuals (reproductions) on CD on ebay. here is
a link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&category=6762&item=2415663416

He is going by the name dreamtoyzz, but I have seen identical auctions with
other names (such as astonmartin007) from the same place (Fort Lee NJ).

Anyone deal with him? I seem to remember that the old usernames would go by the
wayside as negative feedback piled up. I'm not going to buy, since I prefer
paper, but I was wondering about this guy.

Mo in NJ
81 Spider in a PA garage, waitng to be revived.>>