NYC Alfa shops + inspection question

Hi all,

A few years back I asked about Alfa shops in the NYC area, and got a few recommendations for one in Brooklyn. My notes and receipts are all boxed up at this point, and several Alfa shops show up in the yellow pages, so again any recommendations would be appreciated.

On a related note, do most people bring their Alfas for emissions inspections to just any mechanic? I distinctly remember my '84 Spider being carefully adjusted prior to emissions. I am now having to inspect a '91 Spider, shouldn't the later Spiders be able to pass emissions without a hitch?

Just doing a sanity check...

Thanks in advance,
Eugene
'91 Spider, NYC