installing shocks

I have a set of KYBs on the way for my '93 Spider. Is installation
difficult to do at home, in a garage, by this checkbook mechanic?

I would like to give it a try - I've done some simple repairs (brake
jobs, oil changes, etc.)... it would seem to me that as long as I don't
have to mess with the springs, replacing the shocks shouldn't be too
difficult. Does anyone have any tips/tricks/general instructions?

I have the cardisc manual (but haven't loaded it up on my XP machine) -
but I wouldn't be surprised if there turned out to be some easier way of
doing it.

Thanks

-Glenn